Our aim is to acquaint you all regarding the security arrangements in the University of Lahore.
• UOL requires comprehensive preventive measures for daily routine rather than a particular incident
• To provide indicators and direction to endure the safety of employees, students, visitors and property
• To maintain continuity of the general systems and implement UOL regulations while following up on the government and global policy.
• The Security and safety to provide a safe and secure environment and to protect all persons and property in the university community.
• Manning of the main gates and other locations where the guards are deployed.
• University Security services provide oversight and coordination of infrastructure protection, security systems, technology management, and major events coverage.
• Conducting regular patrols of buildings and grounds via foot, bicycle, and/or vehicle.
• Campus security officials provide help and protection. Students should always feel comfortable calling campus Guards for assistance-at any time of day and night.
• Looking out for student’s safety.
• Coordinate with all the departments.
• Maintaining and reporting crime statistics.
• Covering the functions arranged by the different departments.
• Covering the National/Foreign delegations visiting the UOL.
• Look after the Bike/Car parking
• Preparing the gate pass inward and outward move.
UOL staff must inform the Security & Relevant Dean in a timely manner. If appropriate, the information must be shared with a wider audience within UOL senior management (possibly the entire major staff) as quickly as possible for their guidance and information. All UOL staff has a duty to report immediately security-related incidents to the security and direct supervisor and to activate systems to relay the message at higher levels.
All key staff members have been issued mobile phones for communications and security purposes.
Security incidents/issues must be reported immediately to the Security in UOL Central Office Lahore. They, in turn, must take the appropriate action and also forward all details up the reporting chain.
Information on the general security situation should follow the normal chain of communications between the Security and concerned department.
• Phone numbers for all relevant staff and emergency numbers must be kept with each staff member and regularly updated.
• When issued a mobile phone, UOL staff must keep ensuring that all key contact numbers are programmed into it.
• Security hotlines (Control Room) personnel must keep their mobile phones at hand and operational at all times of the day or night.
• During emergencies, UOL staff must not use their communications equipment unless absolutely necessary in order to keep lines free for timely reports & constant information flow from the Security Management Team.
All security members have been equipped with the latest radio communication. A central control room (CCR) has been established in Main Campus Defence Road. All security guards performing duties at any location/campus must immediately report any incident in their area of responsibility (AOR) to CCR without delay. CCR staff is vigilant to handle all situations round the clock.
Main boundary all entry and exit points are covered with CCTV system which is being monitored by CCTV operators. CCR in charge is responsible to act according to the situation and also to report the shift Security Supervisor. Security Supervisor is responsible to handle the issue immediately.
• Monitoring concept should be cleared
• All major and minor observation should be immediately reported to the supervisor
• Checking of recording status to be done on a regular/daily basis
• All security systems malfunction to be reported immediately with an update on a daily report on the same
• Eating or drinking of food beverages or food inside the control room is strictly prohibited
• Ensure written reports to be given to the supervisor are clear and contain proper detail including snapshots of the suspect.
• Spare keys for all officers and master keys are held in a key cabinet by security. The security guard should ensure after his shift that all keys are accounted for
• The master key is for security use only and not be signed out under any circumstances
• The key inventory controls must be done which includes:
Record of all locks and corresponding keys
Record of number of keys in stock
Record of all keys issued (who and when etc.)
Record of all retrieved keys
Due to the tremendous pressure of vehicle parking on the security department, the department decides to establish some rules and regulation as mention below:
• The university entrance and exit points are divided into 7 points I.e. Gates represented by
Gate 1: Will be used for only special guests And VVIPs vehicles (ministers, foreign delegates, etc.). This gate will also facilitate the entrance and exit of pedestrian students and staff during working hours i.e. (from 09 am to 05).
No person will be allowed to exit from gate Number 1 after 5 pm
This Gate will be termed as the main gate. This gate will serve for:
• Entrance of the faculty and staff members vehicles
• Entry and exit of the UOL owned Vehicles
• Entry and exit of the pedestrians
• Visitors and vendors must be entered through this gate
• Motorbikes are not allowed to enter through this gate
After 5 pm all exits and entries must be made through this gate
• This gate can only be used for foods and other related supplies to the cafe. No entry or exit for staff, students or visitors is allowed from this gate
This gate will remain close for visitors and students, patients, etc. it only is used in extreme cases of emergency and may be used for hospital-related issues like supplies of medical equipment, etc.
This gate will be used to facilitate the entrance of motorcycles during working hours. No person, in any case, is allowed to exit through this gate
This gate will be used for the exit of motorcycles and vehicles of staff and faculty members. This gate in any circumstances, will not be used for the entry of employees, students, visitors, faculty, etc.
This gate will only be used by the School of Creative Arts students and employees and other concerned peoples
In the event of fire or any other emergency, you will be notified by the sound of the fire alarm system and public address system to proceed with the floor evacuating. The security has been instructed to assist all occupants in evacuating the facility in the event of fire and emergency.
• Operate the nearest manual fire alarm box/panel.
• Do not attempt to fight any fire unless properly trained, the appropriate fire extinguisher is available and there is clear access to escape.
• No time should be lost in arguments.
• Evacuation is mandatory and no excuse will be permitted for not following the instructions.
• Familiarize yourself with emergency exit locations.
• Use the staircase as all Emergency Exit are clearly marked.
• In case of evacuation always use the staircase.
• Elevators are not to be used during an emergency evacuation.
• Be considerate, walk, and do not run.
• As you leave your area closes all doors to confine. Do not open any windows where the fire is located.
• Carry nothing large than briefcases and only necessary.
• All department heads, an alternate will be responsible for the head account of their staff, they should check with the respective department admin for any person uncounted for, report to security team immediately for any person unconfirmed missing.
• All occupants will remain at the designated areas until otherwise instructed by the safety and security manager.
• All students, visitors, guests, contractors, delivery people, and other expected to participate in this evacuation procedure are obliged to instruct and direct others to leave any endangered areas promptly.
This is to inform all staff on the procedures of handling bomb calls.
All bomb threats received by a person shall be reported immediately to their direct supervisor. The supervisor will immediately report the matter to the safety and Security office /Control Room. Anyone receiving a bomb threat call shall follow the following procedure.
1. Be calm and courteous.
2. Do not interrupt the caller.
3. Keep the caller online as long as possible.
4. Obtain as much information as you can and complete a report.
5. Copy of bomb threat call report must be kept at reception and workstation.
6. Listen carefully for the message and information given by the threat caller, voice characteristics, and background noise.
7. Take note of the number displaying if your telephone has a caller ID display feature.
8. Notify your immediate supervisor and provide him with complete bomb threat telephone call details if available.
9. Inform the safety and security team immediately.
10. Wait for further instructions don not raise panic.
11. The use of mobile phones is discouraged in the event if the threat is real.
If you are notified threat a bomb threat has been made.
1. Quickly but thoroughly check your own office. Work station for the presence of any suspicious bag, parcel, or latter that cannot be accounted for including individuals seemingly out of place.
2. If you find any suspicious object, notify your supervisor or safety and security team immediately.
3. Do not touch the object.
4. Wait for instruction to evacuation procedures unless instructed to do.
Smoking is a hazard to the health and safety of all residents and is prohibited in all areas of the Residential buildings. Violations will be considered a breach of discipline and a fine of PKR 5,000/- will be levied.
The use of any kind of narcotics or alcohol is absolutely forbidden on University premises. The use or possession of any kind of narcotics/alcohol will result in disciplinary action in accordance with the Student Handbook and the possibility of immediate cancellation of residential space.
The possession and/or use of Sheesha is forbidden on campus. Possession or use will result in confiscation of the Sheesha and disciplinary action including the possibility of cancellation of On-Campus Residence.