UOL provides students and faculty with Learning Management System (LMS), a secure online environment developed by universities for online teaching and learning, course management, and collaborative learning. Some of its key feature include:
• Course related information: syllabus, course calendar and sharing contact information
• Teaching and learning features: course management and learning tools allow instructors to build and plan lessons, create and grade assignments, develop and offer tests and other assessments, and share files via dropbox.
• Learning resources: documents, presentations, websites and video links
• Communication and collaboration: email, announcements, discussion forums, live chat, polls, blogging, group projects and scheduling advising appointments
• Evaluation: assignments, tests, online and offline quizzes, surveys, grade books, end-of-term course evaluations and plagiarism detection