1. The university provides shared accommodation to students.
2. Accommodation charges may vary depending upon the room and facilities available in the room.
3. The allotment of the room will be made by the Warden based on the application submitted by the candidate and availability of a bed. In case there is no room available, the application is put in the queue. The student is called when there is room available.
4. The room is allotted for the whole program duration.
5. Admission and continued stay in the hostel depend upon the admission status, good behavior, and conduct of the student. Hosteller will be under the disciplinary control of the warden.
6. Warden will issue a Hostel ID Card to the student.
7. The student should stay in the allotted room for one complete semester.
8. If a student is expelled/rusticated from the University for any Reasons he/she should immediately vacate the hostel on the day of expulsion from the University.
9. The hostellers themselves are personally responsible to safeguard their belongings. They are not to keep large amounts of cash or valuables like gold, costly wristwatch, etc., in their rooms. They should also take care of their purse, calculators, cell phones, computers, and books. In case of theft or loss of any items, it should be reported to authorities. The hostellers are advised to keep their rooms, boxes, suitcases, cupboards, etc., securely locked with good quality locks.
10. Continuation of stay of a student in the hostel is subject to the discretion of the administration.
1. Standard hostel dues include lodging and mess
2. Students are allowed to possess and use hairdryers, a mobile phones, and laptop chargers, a personal computer without additional charges.
3. A student may use a 4 cubic feet refrigerator with an additional charge as per Hostel Charges Schedule.
4. Students wishing to use an air conditioner (AC) will pay AC to rent as per Hostel Charges Schedule per month per room in addition to the electricity bill. A sub-meter will be installed for the AC for that room. AC charges will start from the date of issuance till September 30th and will not be discontinued before September 30th.
5. Hostel dues are paid monthly basis but students may be allowed to pay for six or twelve months in advance.
6. All hostel dues are to be paid in the prescribed bank by the 10th of each month.
7. Failure to pay hostel dues in time, a fine will be imposed on the student as below:
a. A per-day fine as per Hostel Charges Schedule starts after the hostel fee due date and continues until there are any outstanding hostel dues
b. The amount of rate of fine may be changed later on
c. If a new entrant comes after the hostel due date no fine will be charged from that student. Hostel dues for the month from new entrants are received in advance
8. Students sponsored by government and other sponsoring bodies are exempted from hostel dues e fine.
1. All movements from and to the hostels must be recorded in a computerized attendance system by swapping hostel ID cards in swipe machines which maintain by hostel staff attendance supervisors. In case swipe machine not available movement must be recorded in the attendance register kept with the attendance supervisors at the entrance of the hostel and should be properly signed
2. All hostel students that the curfew time for the hostel is 7:00 pm. Students who wish to return after 7:00 pm, need to issue an out pass before they leave the hostel. Out pass will be issued only by the competent authority after permission and verification from the hosteller.
3. The hostellers will be permitted to change their rooms only after Warden’s approval.
4. The hostel rooms are subject to inspection by the University / Hostel authorities to make sure that they are kept neat and tidy and no unauthorized items like cigarettes or other tobacco products, liquor, drugs, lethal weapons, etc., are kept in the room. Possession of any lethal weapons or any instrument/contrivance, which is likely to cause physical harm to others, is strictly prohibited.
5. Perfect silence is to be maintained in the hostel premises including rooms, bathrooms, dining halls, corridors, common areas, etc., every student of the hostel should have the civic responsibility that he or she should not be a cause inconvenience, annoyance or disturbance to others.
6. The hostellers should not enter into any unnecessary conversation, quarrel, or altercation with the hostel staff. If anyone has any complaint against any employee of the hostel, a written complaint against the person is to be lodged with the Warden. The use of abusive, vulgar and unparliamentarily language against the hostel/mess staff is strictly forbidden. Any complaint received from staff/faculty towards students will be taken action seriously.
7. If any hosteller is found indulging in any form of instigation/intimidation/threat to any other hostellers he/she will be asked to vacate the hostel forthwith. In this regard, the decision of the Warden is final and binding on the individual’s concern.
8. Smoking is prohibited in the hostel buildings. Consumption of alcohol, the use of drugs and narcotics, and even possession of such things are prohibited. Anyone found indulging in the use of such things will not only be asked to vacate the hostel but also be expelled/rusticated from the University.
9. Day scholars are not allowed in the hostel. Hostellers should not encourage the entry of day scholars. Day scholar may see their friends in the visiting room only.
10. Celebrating birthday parties or any kind of political gathering inside the hostel is strictly prohibited.
The collection of donations for any purpose (Religious/ otherwise) is also strictly prohibited.
1. Students are not allowed to play skating rollers and other outdoor games inside the hostel to prevent breakages and accidents. Sliding along the handrails/rest of the stairs and fast running/ climbing down should be totally avoided to prevent accidents.
2. When leaving the rooms for attending classes or for vacation, etc., fans, electrical gadgets, lights, etc., should be switched off. Windows are to be closed securely.
3. Hostellers coming to the Hostel after the gate closing hours without prior permission or without valid reason would be fined. Regular latecomers will not be allowed to stay in the hostel.
4. Water should be carefully used and not wasted.
5. Wrong entry, improper / lack of entry in exit register, checking on behalf of another person, tampering with the entries, proxy attendance, and misguidance of any nature are punishable.
6. In case of any quarrel between or among roommates, it should be reported to the Warden for appropriate action.
7. Hostellers are responsible for keeping their room clean
8. The hostellers are not allowed to use electric iron, TV, or any electrical equipment without the written permission of the Warden. Unauthorized possession will lead to the confiscation of the goods.
9. Use of Computers:
a. Students are allowed to possess and use personal computers and laptops in the hostel rooms.
b. The usage of computers is for academic purposes only.
c. The University / Hostel authorities will conduct surprise checks periodically and if anyone is found violating the above rule, disciplinary action will be taken against him/her.
d. Students can use the internet facility available in the hostel in their rooms and common rooms. Fair usage policy is applicable and a log of internet usage and sites visited is recorded and monitored by the authorities
e. Students are responsible for their internet user accounts. Students found involved in any unauthorized or criminal use of the internet may be expelled from the university
10. Students should read the circulars put up at all blocks and be updated with the functioning of the hostel.
11. Students are instructed to attend the General meetings of the hostel. It is mandatory for Members of the Student Council who are hostellers and Mess committee members.
12. Violation of any of these rules would result in punitive action and serious violations would be referred to the “Students Disciplinary Committee”. The decision of the committee would however be final.
1. Guests are not permitted to stay in any of the hostels. If the parents wish to stay, then the student/parent may approach the Public Relations Officer for getting accommodation in the Guest House, subject to availability of, the room in the Guest House will be provided on a nominal rent
2. Parents/Guardians visiting the student should remain in the visiting room of the hostel. Entry into the hostel blocks is not permitted.
1. All the students of the hostel should take their food in the allotted mess only.
2. The meal timings are displayed at the entrance of the dining hall. These timings are to be strictly adhered to. It is not obligatory on the part of the kitchen/dining hall staff to serve the meals outside the prescribed timings.
3. The identity card is to be produced at the dining hall, at the time of breakfast, lunch, tea, and dinner, failing which service in the dining hall is liable to be refused, for want of identification.
4. Dining hall furniture like chairs, tables, etc., and utensils like stainless steel tumblers, plates, spoons, etc., are not to be taken out of the dining hall. If anyone is found taking these dining hall properties out, he/she will be suitably penalized.
5. The hostel kitchen is strict “Out of Bounds” for the students/parents/guardians.
6. The sick person will be served mess food in the room, only if the student registers their name with the Warden.
7. The hostellers shall not waste food, electricity & water. Wastage of food is a national loss. If anyone is found indulging in such wastage, he/she will be asked to vacate the hostel, since wastage causes unnecessary and unavoidable expenditure to others.
1. Rough handling of dining hall furniture, room furniture, or any furniture/property or fittings of the hostel is strictly forbidden.
2. The cost of damages will be recovered in the following manner:
a. If any individual or group is identified to have caused the damage, double the cost will be recovered from him/her/group.
b. If the damage is done in any one of the rooms and the person(s) is/are not identified then the cost will be recovered from the room-mates collectively.
c. If the damage is done outside the rooms i.e., in common places like corridors, bathrooms, recreation halls, mess, etc., and the person(s) is/ are not identified, then double the cost will be recovered, floor wise or block-wise or on the whole, as the case may be. Repetition of damage to the hostel property will result in expulsion from the hostel.
3. A Hosteller can put a notice on notice board after the permission from the warden. Pasting posters / chalking on hostels or other campus buildings, premises, or compound walls are strictly prohibited.
1. Hostellers leaving on vacation must inform the warden before leaving.
2. The room will be considered occupied and the student is liable for lodging dues, however, mess charges will be exempted if the vacation is more than 30 days or in multiple of 30days
1. 24 hours Medical facility is available in the campus.
2. Any hosteller, who is not well, should report to the Warden/resident Doctor for appropriate advice.
3. If the sick person requires medical care by the outside at a hospital at any time, a form meant for the same should be filled along with the signature of the patient if possible or by the accompanying person and submitted to Warden/ Assistant Warden/ Resident Warden for arranging the ambulance.
4. A sick student should invariably be accompanied by a lady security guard while going to an outside hospital.
5. If the situation warrants, admission to an outside hospital as an inpatient, the same is to be reported to the Warden immediately.
6. If any sick hosteller requires a special diet, the individual should inform the mess supervisor through the warden concerned for making suitable provisions.
1. English newspapers and magazines are provided in each hostel. Hostellers are requested to make the best use of them. Magazines could be borrowed against identity cards for a limited period so as to enable wide circulation.
2. Common TV viewing rooms are provided and they are open from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM. The above TV timings would be very strictly observed without exception what so ever.
3. A tuck shop is available in hostel for everyday usage articles and snacks etc.
4. The hostellers have to collect their mails from the letter stand.
Ragging in any form (making unpleasant noise, disorderly conduct, doing any act which causes or likely to cause physical or psychological harm or raise apprehension or fear of shame or an embarrassment to the new student, which include teasing, abusing, playing practical jokes on or causing hurt to such students or asking the new student to do any act or to perform such things which such student will not in the ordinary course willingly do) is strictly forbidden. If anyone is found guilty of ragging, the case will be forwarded to the disciplinary committee.
All the rules and regulations given above are applicable to the Foreign Students as well. In addition, the following special rules are meant exclusively for foreign students.
1. If any student wants to leave the country on vacation or for any other purpose, the individual will submit a written application at least 15 days prior to the date of departure to the Director to enable the office to obtain all the required clearances from the authorities concerned.
2. The application should have details such as (i) purpose, (ii) duration of stay outside Pakistan, full contact address with phone number.